Thursday, September 20, 2012

Victoria's Secret Swimsuit Mom

So, I don't have any work right now.  My work is contract based and I finished a huge month long project right before the school year began.  I have a few weeks until something comes my way and it's something I really love about what I do.  While my company grows, my work is less constant and it enables me to be a stay at home mom for a few weeks, followed by about a month as a workaholic crazy lady working night and day until the project is done - and on and on it goes.  Someday, I will have consistent work and a few interns and my schedule will be more "normal;" at least that's the plan.  For now, I couldn't be more pleased.

My life as a stay at home goes something like this:  After drop off, I head to the gym.  Once there, I kill it.  I work out like crazy for an hour or so and lift weights.  I'm trying to shed some pounds and get closer to my goal to look like a "Victoria's Secret Swimsuit Mom."  However, I work out so hard that I am exhausted for the rest of the day - DEAD.  And hungry.  So, I usually sit around and eat some snacks, a delicious lunch, after school snacks, a delicious dinner, after dinner snacks.  It's how I roll.  A Victoria's Secret Swimsuit Mom I am not.  I am a curvy, albeit strong, average sized woman with cellulite and some pudge.  I need to figure out a new plan and have some damn restraint!

My friend Katie tells me I need to learn to love myself "as is."  Easy to say, hard to do, right?!  But so, so true.  If I spent less time cataloging my foods in my food diary, obsessing over the scale, performing marathon work outs - maybe I'd be able to drop a few pounds, maybe I'd be able to enjoy myself a little more.  I read a lot of Us Magazine.  It seems like celebrities often say they try not to obsess over their diets, because that usually makes them gain weight instead of losing it.  I'm going to take a page from that book.  Sayonara Calorie Count, Au Revoir Scale, Peace Out Marathon Work Out Sesh.  I'm going to tone it down a bit and see what happens.  Instead of trying to be a Victoria's Secret Swimsuit Mom, I am endeavoring to look good in jeans without a long top.  I'm starting with the muffin top and then I'll see what else I can accomplish.  That is until another project comes my way and the only thing that gets exercised is my brain, my patience and my fingers from typing.

I'll keep you updated.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment